Welcome to the January 2024 Monthly update!
The new business:
- Jameson Bernard's group coaching will be held Mondays, January 8th, 15th, 22nd, 29th, and Feb. 5th. The kids session is now full, but you can have your child's name placed on the waiting list. There are now single session spaces in the adult sessions. Sing up at: http://level2199.com/short/single
- The Greatest of Ches-Mont qualifiers begin now! The Ches-Mont singles championship tournament will be held March 12th. To participate you must reside, work, or go to school in Chester or Montgomery Counites and win six matches against six different individuals at the club between now and the tournament. Report your wins here: http://level2199.com/short/matches
- The Groundhog Trophy tournament returns for it's third year in a row. This year it will be held Saturday Feb. 3rd at 9:30am. This will also be a handicap tournament. Details to follow. Sing up here!
- National Rubber Duck Day is Saturday January 13th. So to warm up for the Groundhog Trophy, we will hold a test handicap mini tournament that day. No sign up necessary.
The old business:
- The second annual Greatest Ever Doubles Tournament was held 12/30. Twelve teams competed across three divisions after an initial seeding round. Here are the results:
- Diamonds Division: 1st Zhongqi Zhang & Ray Wang, 2nd Place Mark Vrabel & Steve Lowry, 3rd Steve & Jimmy Good, 4th John Richards & Frank Roth
- Hearts Division: 1st Alan Watt & Alex Tse, 2nd Mohammed Rajput & Randy Stoddard
- Spades Division: 1st Karun Harikrishnan & Abishek Stanley, 2nd Santosh & Keshav Kurup
- Karun won the Greatest Ever Doubles Challenge, which is held every club meeting, 29 times in 2023. He therefore gets to keep the flag! But do not fear, we have a new one that you can fight for over the next 100 some club meetings! Girish is already training, so watch out!
- In Princeton Pong's December tournament, Karun took 1st place in the U1250 and Shata took 2nd in the U1000! Princeton holds a tournament on the first weekend of every month.