Phoenixville Table Tennis Club opened on Saint Patrick's Day, 2009. The club started with four tables, eventually added a fifth, and enjoyed six years of operation on Tuesday nights at the Faith Baptist Church. The club closed at that location in 2015.
In 2016 some of the club members opened at a new location, Aspiring Champions in King of Prussia on Friday nights from 8pm to 11pm. They now have seven tables and call themselves Rising Phoenix Table Tennis Club. They have their own dedicated website at https://sites.google.com/site/risingphoenixtabletennisclub/home
You can contact Rising Phoenix Club organizers through their website or Facebook.
What we think made us successful
- We greeted everyone who visited and explained our system
- We used a waiting list system in which the player "on deck" gets to choose any opponent
- Play was limited to 2 minute warm and a match, best out of five - OR - 20 minutes of practice using provided timers
- We provided buckets filled with balls, you never have to stop play to retrieve yours, or anyone else's balls.
- We had a sitting area for players to converse while waiting
- Active internet presence
- Central location within 20 minutes drive of many players