Phoenixville Table Tennis Club ran from 2009 to 2015 drawing players from Exton, Downingtown, Malvern, King of Prussia, Collegeville, Pottstown, and even Princeton, NJ. On any night we would have between 15 and 40 players playing on five tables. Our friendly atmosphere, regulated playing format, and fair treatment of all playing levels helped us to succeed.
We are currently looking for a new home!
You can contact Phoenixville Table Tennis by emailing PONG at Phoenixville Table Tennis . com (had to break it up to escape the spam bots!)
What we think made us successful:
- We greeted everyone who visited and explained our system
- We used a waiting list system in which the player "on deck" gets to choose any opponent
- Play was limited to 2 minute warm and a match, best out of five - OR - 20 minutes of practice using provided timers
- We provided buckets filled with balls, you never have to stop play to retrieve yours, or anyone else's balls.
- We had a sitting area for players to converse while waiting
- Active internet presence